Thomas Parisot is my full name and people often call me Tom.
Hence my long lasting nickname — Oncle Tom — a friendly pun to our digital slavery.
Overall, I use web technologies to prototype, to empower and to design for great user experiences and for a better civic society.
I highly believe in openness, craftsmanship and sustainability.
Through my acts, I do not want to create more unbalance or to leave a debt behind me.
Hence I will do my best to favour non-profit, ethical or greater good organisations.
I have more than 10 years of professional experience in the web industry through various roles and responsibilities:
- Senior web engineer at dtc innovation co-op;
- Senior web engineer at BBC R&D;
- CTO and co-founder of Dijiwan, a startup which failed;
- Web consultant in my own limited company;
- Web consultant at Clever Age, a renowned French Web engineering agency;
- Web developer in a nation-wide retail group.
Maybe we will meet in the Underground by chance (although now I cycle to work).
Maybe we will meet in an exhibition somewhere in Europe.
Maybe we will meet in a backpacker hostel somewhere in the World.
Or maybe we will simply start with an email 😊
We can definitely break the ice around a glass of wine, a cup of tea or a nice meal.